Meander through Basque Country’s coastal hamlets before discovering Pamplona’s historic city streets in this Northern Spanish adventure. Your journey will take you to the seaside promenades of San Sebastian and the vibrant city of Bilbao while immersing you in the quaint pastoral landscapes of Basque Country. End your exploration with a look at Navarre’s cultural heart, Pamplona, and the region’s storied Way of St. James.
- 5 Nights at CountryBred approved four-star boutique accommodations
- Deluxe and/or Superior room stays
- Private luxury chauffeur for all intercity travel, day trips and excursions
- Airport / Train station transfers with baggage assistance
- Private touring with professionally licensed local guides and cultural experts
- Flexible guided time with local experts based upon your preference
- 2 Gourmand dinners
- 4 Regionally authentic lunches
- Exclusive cider house visits and tastings
- Tickets to Jai Alai game
- Daily breakfasts
- Museum tickets & entrance fees
- All gratuities & taxes
- Please note that transfers to airports other than Bilbao or San Sebastian Airport for arrival/departure, are available upon request for an additional, supplemental fee. Airfare is not included.
- A personalized and private travel experience, whether you’re a solo voyager, a couple, group of friends, family or an organization
- A well crafted itinerary that is a reflection of your cultural interests, which we bring to life through our unparalleled insider knowledge, local access and dedicated team
- A thoughtful travel pace that leads you down roads less traveled while leaving time to enjoy the quiet moments that make for remarkable memories
- Enriching activities that immerse you in local culture and traditions
- Premium accommodations that are distinct reflections of the regions they reside in, with real histories and real people behind them
- Regional ambassadors and local cultural experts that go beyond educating, to invite you into their community and introduce you to their unique corner of the world.
- Authentic dining that ensures you enjoy the finest in regional culinary traditions from quaint family owned eateries to innovative Michelin-starred restaurants. Each meal is in itself a work of art, passionately prepared and uniquely local.
Basque Country to Pamplona
Sample 6-Day Private Tour Itinerary
San Sebastian, Bilbao, Hondarribia, Pamplona
Your exploration of Basque Country will begin in the vibrant coastal city of San Sebastian. Be greeted at Bilbao airport by your private chauffeur and be transported to your four-star Historical Heritage Hotel located near San Sebastian’s city center. After settling in at your charming accommodation, enjoy free time to take in Spanish beach life at nearby Zurriola beach, or walk along the city’s quaint streets where you can admire its beautiful architecture and sweeping sea views. In the evening, indulge on innovative nouvelle Basque cuisine at a three starred Michelin restaurant.
In the late morning be met by your local expert and depart on an in-depth walking tour of the city’s historic core, the Parte Vieja, bustling with local culture. Along the way, stop for a lunch of typical pintxos at a bar beloved by the locals, before catching a game of Jai Alai (Basque Pelota) in the afternoon.
In the late morning be greeted by your local guide and depart by private chauffeur for the countryside surrounding San Sebastian to experience a typical sagardotegi (cider house) lunch. After lunch, travel to Bilbao where your guide will take you on a special walking tour of the city’s medieval Casco Viejo before visiting the Frank Gehry designed Guggenheim Museum. Spend the rest of the late afternoon exploring Bilbao’s vibrant city life at your own pace before returning to San Sebastian by chauffeur in the evening.
Depart San Sebastian by private chauffeur for the quaint fishing village of Hondarribia where you will take in its unique architecture and water front promenades. Stop for a lunch of fresh, local seafood before traveling to Pamplona where you’ll settle in at your 18th century, four-star palace located in the heart of the city. Spend the rest of the day exploring Pamplona’s enchanting plazas and historic neighborhoods at your leisure.
Today you will be joined by your resident expert and depart on a fascinating look at the Camino de Santiago, the pilgrimage route of St. James. Along the way, stop for a meal of local culinary delights at a historic farmer’s Mercado. In the evening, savor dinner at an elegant eatery where you will dine on typical Navarra specialties.
Depart Pamplona by private chauffeur for your return flight home or the next leg of your trip.- As part of our Enriched Booking process your customized itinerary will be designed with the assistance of a CountryBred specialist. - This trip can be specifically tailored for organizations, associations and corporate incentives.
The recommended tour length for this sample itinerary is 6 days/5 nights with pricing options beginning at $3,800/person based on double occupancy. Please note that the “Share Bred With Friends” preferred pricing program will be applied to travel parties of four or more.
The final price of your custom tour will be determined by your travel party size, departure dates, trip length, amount of meals included, percentage of guided time requested, cities chosen in your itinerary and signature CountryBred excursions selected. This sample itinerary can also be crafted for solo travelers.
Included in this sample CountryBred Encounter are:
Featured Deluxe Hotels
Built in the late 19th century, Villa Soro is a charming landmark accommodation located near the heart of San Sebastian, and honored as a Historical Heritage Building of the city. Encircled by a lush park of gardens and large shade trees, the villa is a spacious retreat for travelers wanting to experience the exquisite seaside splendor of San Sebastian within the classic charm of a turn-of-the-century villa.
A careful renovation of the villa has resulted in a luxury, four-star accommodation where every detail is attended to with the greatest of care. Traditional touches like an original 19th century oak paneled bar, hardwood floors, fireplaces, antique furnishings, a grandiose staircase and opulent fixtures in the common areas compliment the 25 guestrooms that are all distinctively decorated with a flair for the sophisticated and eclectic and featuring the works of local contemporary artists.
The opulence of the 18th century meets modern luxury at Palacio Guendulain, a four-star jewel illuminating the antique heart of Pamplona. Originally built in the 1700′s by Don Sebastian de Eslava, Viceroy of New Granada, Palacio Guendulain has remained a prominent fixture of Pamplona’s historic quarter. For over two hundred years the palace served as the residence of a noble family before being converted into a royal palace for a few days when in 1845 it housed Queen Isabella II and the members of her royal court. Today the palace lovingly serves as a luxury accommodation featuring 25 exquisite guestrooms with views of the city’s Consejo Square and the hotel’s internal courtyard. A true feast for the eyes, the courtyard showcases a collection of original 18th century horse-drawn carriages and a magnificent fountain designed by the artist Luis Paret who is credited with engineering the first system of running water in Pamplona.
Encounter Something Unexpected
Experiential travel takes time, passion and local ingredients to make something truly special. When you travel with CountryBred, you can look forward to the following:
Authentic is Premium