Fall in love with the power and grace of Northern Italy’s eastern Adriatic coastline. Experience Ravenna’s radiant Byzantine treasures and the former maritime dynasty of Venice while taking in the bold echoes and serene majesty of the Adriatic’s river valleys.
Northern Italy’s Adriatic Coast
Sample 8-Day Private Tour Itinerary
Venice, Burano, Torcello, Ravenna, Pomposa, Cesenatico, Rimini, Pesaro
This exploration of Northern Italy’s Adriatic coast begins in the once mighty maritime republic of Venice. Arrive at Marco Polo international airport and be greeted by your private chauffeur that will transport you to a privately chartered water taxi. Your water taxi will take you to your four-star canal front hotel to settle in and enjoy some well-deserved rest after your long journey. In the evening, savor dinner of fresh Venetian seafood featuring the local favorite, Granseola (spider crab) at a celebrated trattoria.
Get acquainted with La Serenissima with the help of a resident expert as you enjoy a privately guided exploration of the city. Begin your day at the Rialto Market, the daily meeting place for locals seeking the freshest produce in the city before indulging on a lunch of typical cicchetti at one of the city’s oldest Bacari (taverns). After lunch, your local guide will bring the majesty of the real Venice to life, as you explore the city’s lesser frequented sestieri (districts), such as Dorsoduro and Cannaregio. In the evening dine on a special dinner of handmade bigoli pasta at an elegant eatery located along a quaint canal.
Spend the day touring the lesser known islands of Burano and Torcello by private vaporetto boat. While visiting Burano, famed for its fine lace making traditions and brightly painted waterfront houses, stop for lunch at a revered seafood restaurant that has been preparing some of the lagoon’s finest fare since the turn of the century. After lunch, embark for the island of Torcello, regarded as one of the only islands of the lagoon to be consistently inhabited since the fall of the Roman Empire. Spend time examining the island’s Byzantine roots through its precious mosaics before returning to Venice.
From the mysterious canals of Venice, you’ll set-off down the Adriatic coastline via private chauffeur, stopping at one of the finest examples of Andrea Palladio’s high Renaissance architecture. After your tour of this very special Palladian villa, depart with your local expert for an in-depth look at an area of the Brenta river, revered for its ancient waters lined by aristocratic villas of the 16th century. Stop for a typical lunch of Veneto classics before departing by private car for the coastal Byzantine city of Ravenna. Arrive at your deluxe, historical hotel located in the heart of the city and just steps from extraordinary shops and eateries.
Study the beginnings of modern Christianity through the city’s many vibrant and perfectly preserved mosaics with the help of an expert Art Historian. Experience true Romagnola cuisine at an antique wine bar and osteria that specializes in the area’s beloved piadine and other local favorites. Sample regionally produced wines as you enjoy your savory lunch. After lunch, depart via private chauffeur for the Benedictine Abbey of Pomposa for an inside look at its famed manuscripts.
Your expedition along Italy’s Adriatic coast will continue with a guided visit to the unique seaside towns of Cesenatico and Rimini, both rich in ancient history, beautiful waterfront promenades and distinct architecture. Along the way stop for a lunch of fresh local seafood, then in the afternoon return to Ravenna via private chauffeur for a free evening.
Whisk-away by private chauffeur to the lush coastline of Le Marche where you will visit the historic seaside town of Pesaro and its neighboring Parco Monte San Bartolo to enjoy sweeping views of the Adriatic. In Pesaro your local guide will take you on a private walking tour of the town’s historic center, where you will learn about its rich history as the birthplace of operatic composer Gioachino Rossini while also visiting its 15th century Ducal Palace and Costanza castle. During your tour delight in a lunch of Marchigiana coastal cuisine before taking time to enjoy the natural beauty of Parco Monte San Bartolo with its long stretches of pristine beaches and unique flora. After your day in Le Marche return by private chauffeur to your hotel in Ravenna.
Depart Ravenna by chauffeur for your return flight home or the next leg of your trip.-As part of our Enriched Booking process your customized itinerary will be designed with the assistance of a CountryBred specialist. -This trip can be specifically tailored for organizations, associations and corporate incentives.
The recommended tour length for this sample itinerary is 8 days/7 nights with pricing options beginning at $5,600/person based on double occupancy. Please note that the “Share Bred With Friends” preferred pricing program will be applied to travel parties of four or more.
The final price of your custom tour will be determined by your travel party size, departure dates, trip length, amount of meals included, percentage of guided time requested, cities chosen in your itinerary and signature CountryBred excursions selected. This sample itinerary can also be crafted for solo travelers.
Included in this sample CountryBred Encounter are:
- 7 Nights at CountryBred approved, deluxe accommodations
- Deluxe and/or Superior room stays
- Private luxury chauffeur for all intercity travel, day trips and excursions
- All boat fares as indicated in the itinerary
- Airport / Train station transfers with baggage assistance
- Private touring with professionally licensed local guides and cultural experts
- Flexible guided time with local experts based upon your preference
- 2 Gourmand dinners
- 6 Regionally authentic lunches
- Exclusive gondola and river barge excursions
- Daily breakfasts
- Museum tickets & entrance fees
- All gratuities & taxes
- Traveler welcome package including customized Culture Guide
- Please note that transfers to airports outside of Venezia Marco Polo for arrival and Bologna Guglielmo Marconi for departure, are available upon request for an additional, supplemental fee. Airfare is not included.
Featured Deluxe Hotels
Located in the culturally rich Venetian sestiere (district) of Dorsoduro and positioned just minutes from the Accademia and Piazza San Marco, Hotel Palazzo Stern is a historic palace built by the Malpaga family in the 15th century. The Moorish inspired palazzo eventually became the private residence of the Stern Family, noted art collectors of the early 20th Century, who expanded the palazzo to encompass four floors. Today, the elegant four-star property invites guests to enjoy the splendor of Venice from its prized water front position on the Grand Canal. Each of the property’s 24 opulent guestrooms are an ode to traditional Venetian style, adorned with original frescoes, mosaics and appliqués from local glassblowing artisans, and featuring distinct art pieces, antiquities of the region and uniquely Venetian fixtures including Murano glass pieces and chandeliers.
Albergo Cappello can trace the historical roots of its name, “the hat hotel”, to 1800’s Ravenna where society viewed hats as status symbols and rooms were reserved for only the socially elite. Situated in one of Ravenna’s most revered Renaissance structures, the hotel is said to have been the birthplace of Francesca da Polenta, the Divine Comedy’s ill-fated mistress. Local folklore aside, the luxurious rooms and common areas of Albergo Cappello are decorated with original frescoes and elegant furnishings. Special touches like afternoon tea in the dining room and fresh seasonal fruit delivered to your door each afternoon, recall the splendor of a bygone era but will help to create new memories of Ravenna that you will carry with you forever.
Encounter Something Unexpected
Experiential travel takes time, passion and local ingredients to make something truly special. When you travel with CountryBred, you can look forward to the following:
- A personalized and private travel experience, whether you’re a solo voyager, a couple, group of friends, family or an organization
- A well crafted itinerary that is a reflection of your cultural interests, which we bring to life through our unparalleled insider knowledge, local access and dedicated team
- A thoughtful travel pace that leads you down roads less traveled while leaving time to enjoy the quiet moments that make for remarkable memories
- Enriching activities that immerse you in local culture and traditions
- Premium accommodations that are distinct reflections of the regions they reside in, with real histories and real people behind them
- Regional ambassadors and local cultural experts that go beyond educating, to invite you into their community and introduce you to their unique corner of the world.
- Authentic dining that ensures you enjoy the finest in regional culinary traditions from quaint family owned eateries to innovative Michelin-starred restaurants. Each meal is in itself a work of art, passionately prepared and uniquely local.
Authentic is Premium