Delve into the colorful coastal culture and rare natural beauty of Italy’s most idyllic island. From the sweeping shores of Sardinia’s Maddalena archipelago to the rural vineyards and hilltop farms of its interior, let the island’s mythical charm and warm serenity embrace you.
- 5 Nights at CountryBred approved, four-star boutique accommodations
- Deluxe and/or Superior room stays with seaview
- Private luxury chauffeur for all intercity travel, day trips and excursions
- Airport / Train station transfers with baggage assistance
- Private touring with professionally licensed local guides and cultural experts
- Flexible guided time with local experts based upon your preference
- 2 Gourmand dinners
- 3 Regionally authentic lunches
- Exclusive winery visits and tastings
- Daily breakfasts
- Museum tickets & entrance fees
- All gratuities & taxes
- Traveler welcome package including customized Culture Guide
- Please note that transfers to airports other than Olbia Costa Smeralda Aiport for arrival/departure are available upon request for an additional, supplemental fee. Airfare is not included.
- A personalized and private travel experience, whether you’re a solo voyager, a couple, group of friends, family or an organization
- A well crafted itinerary that is a reflection of your cultural interests, which we bring to life through our unparalleled insider knowledge, local access and dedicated team
- A thoughtful travel pace that leads you down roads less traveled while leaving time to enjoy the quiet moments that make for remarkable memories
- Enriching activities that immerse you in local culture and traditions
- Premium accommodations that are distinct reflections of the regions they reside in, with real histories and real people behind them
- Regional ambassadors and local cultural experts that go beyond educating, to invite you into their community and introduce you to their unique corner of the world.
- Authentic dining that ensures you enjoy the finest in regional culinary traditions from quaint family owned eateries to innovative Michelin-starred restaurants. Each meal is in itself a work of art, passionately prepared and uniquely local.
Sardinia’s Coastal Culture & Landscapes
6-Day Private Trip Sample Itinerary
Baja Sardinia, Emerald Coast, Palau, Maddalena Islands, Orgosolo, Santa Maria Navaresse
Available May thru September
Upon arrival in Olbia be greeted by your private chauffeur and be transported to your luxurious four-star waterfront hotel nestled in Baja Sardinia. After settling-in depart on a scenic drive along Sardinia’s famed Emerald Coast before arriving at Palau where you will meet your local expert and embark on an insider’s look at the area’s prehistoric rock formations lining its shores. In the evening, indulge in a feast of typical Sardinian dishes at a historic restaurant located on Palau’s seaside promenade.
Start your day with a stunning boat ride to the La Maddalena archipelago, where you’re first stop will be the island of Caprera. With the help of a local expert, visit the holiday residence of famed Italian freedom fighter, Giuseppe Garibaldi before setting-off for a fresh seafood lunch at a nearby island. Spend the rest of your afternoon island hopping, as you boat along La Maddalena archipelago. Stop along the way to sunbathe on the unspoiled beaches of these Mediterranean treasures and swim in their warm, crystalline waters.
Begin your day by exploring Sardinia’s famed cork producing area, and learn about the island’s unique cork industry and how the bark of the indigenous tree is used to produce both artisanal products and wine corks that are renowned the world over. In the early afternoon experience a typical shepherd’s feast hosted by present day Sardinian shepherds. Sample traditional dishes like the island’s revered roasted suckling pig, homemade pastas, breads and local pecorino cheeses. Return to your hotel in the late afternoon for a free evening to sunbathe at your private beach.
Depart Baja Sardinia for Orgosolo, a town brought to life through vivid murals depicting Sardinia’s intriguing cultural and political heritage. With the help of a resident expert learn about the island’s turbulent political history as told through its breathtaking series of murals. Afterward, dine on a country inspired feast prepared with local, organically produced ingredients at a nearby working farm. Depart Sardinia’s countryside for your deluxe four-star hotel located on Sardinia’s eastern coast in the quaint seaside village of Santa Maria Navaresse. Settle in and take advantage of a free afternoon to enjoy the hotel’s private beach and magnificent pool.
Embark by private boat for an entire day exploring Sardinia’s picturesque bays and cale (coves). While you leisurely boat along the shoreline stop to swim and sunbathe at some of the island’s most prized beaches and lagoons. In the evening, enjoy a dinner of Sardinian coastal delicacies at a renowned local ristorante.
Depart Santa Maria Navaresse for your return flight home or continue on to the next leg of your trip.- As part of our Enriched Booking process your customized itinerary will be designed with the assistance of a CountryBred specialist. - This trip can be specifically tailored for organizations, associations and corporate incentives.
The recommended trip length for this sample itinerary is 6 days/5 nights with pricing options beginning at $4,200/person. Please note that the “Share Bred With Friends” preferred pricing program will be applied to travel parties of four or more.
The final price of your custom trip will be determined by your travel party size, departure dates, trip length, amount of meals included, percentage of guided time requested, cities chosen in your itinerary and signature CountryBred excursions selected. This sample itinerary can also be crafted for solo travelers.
Included in this sample CountryBred Encounter are:
Featured Deluxe Hotels
Located in Baja Sardinia, one of the premiere coastal communities of Sardinia’s Costa Smeralda (Emerald Coast), Hotel La Rocca is a four-star luxury retreat set amongst a backdrop of crystal waters, powdery white sand beaches and lush natural beauty. Incorporating ancient Sardinian architecture reminiscent of a typical island villa, Hotel La Rocca welcomes guests into an atmosphere that celebrates the rich culture of the island and its abundant scenic landscapes.
Where the enchanting forests of Ogliastra and the crystal clear waters of Sardinia’s eastern coast come together, an oasis of sophisticated charm and tranquility can be found. The Lanthia Resort, situated in the hidden treasure that is the town of Santa Maria Navarrese, is a chic ode to quintessential Sardinian coastal charm. The grandeur of the hotel is exemplified by its modern interpretation of traditional island architecture coupled with ultra luxurious touches and exceptional service, providing guests with the ultimate Sardinian seaside stay.
Encounter Something Unexpected
Experiential travel takes time, passion and local ingredients to make something truly special. When you travel with CountryBred, you can look forward to the following:
Authentic is Premium