Delve into the rich gastronomic heritage of Italy's Slow Food titans, Piemonte and Emilia-Romagna. Learn how to prepare Piemontese classics by hand and enjoy the region's fabled vintages at exclusive tastings, before appreciating Emilia-Romagna's fine food traditions, from Parmigiano Reggiano to Culatello di Zibello, with artisan producers.
Experiences We Recommend
- Private winery visits and tasting in Barolo, La Morra, Barbaresco, Dogliano and Canelli
- Visit to gianduja chocolate producer with tasting
- Tour of artisan cheese farm specialized in Toma cheese with farm dinner
- Michelin-starred dining at famed wine estate
- Private truffle hunt through forests with white truffle tasting
- Winery visit and tasting of Gattinara DOCG wines
- Cooking class of fresh pasta and other Emilia-Romagna classics at Michelin-starred restaurant
- Guided visit of Parmesan cheese farm to witness the "birth of cheese"
- Visit to artisanal Prosciutto di Parma and Culatello di Zibello producers
- Exclusive tour of historic balsamic vinegar aging room with tasting
- Winery visits and tasting of Pignatello wines in the Colli Bolognesi
- Food tour through Bologna historic center with stop at farmer's market and local cheesemonger
The recommended tour length for this sample itinerary is 9 days/8 nights with pricing options beginning at:
- $7,300 / person* based on double occupancy and a travel party of two
- $5,600 / person* based on double occupancy and a travel party of four
Please note that the “Share Bred With Friends” preferred pricing program is applied to travel parties of four or more.
*The final price of your custom tour will be determined by your travel party size, departure dates, trip length, amount of meals included, percentage of guided time requested, cities chosen in your itinerary and signature CountryBred excursions selected. This sample itinerary can also be crafted for solo travelers.
- Stays at five & four-star boutique luxury hotels
- Chauffeured transport for touring & transfers
- Private touring with professional local guides
- Engaging activities led by cultural experts
- Signature experiences with insider access
- Regionally authentic dining
- Traveler Welcome Package
- Taxes & base gratuities