Discover the centuries old allure of Northern Italy’s lake districts. From the great lakes and villas of Maggiore, Como and Garda to the quaint waters and hidden hamlets of Lake Orta and Iseo, be enthralled by the unsurpassed natural beauty, rich culture, history and gastronomy of Italy’s northern lakes.
- 6 Nights at CountryBred approved, four and five-star boutique accommodations
- Deluxe and/or Superior room stays with lake view
- Chauffeured luxury transport for all intercity travel, day trips and excursions
- Airport / Train station transfers with baggage assistance
- Exclusive boating excursions and all associated fares
- Private touring with professionally licensed local guides and cultural experts
- Flexible guided time with local experts based upon your preference
- Special wine tastings and culinary experiences
- 2 Gourmand dinners
- 4 Regionally authentic lunches
- Daily breakfasts
- Museum tickets & entrance fees
- All gratuities & taxes
- Traveler welcome package including customized Culture Guide
- Please note that transfers to airports outside of Milan Malpensa/Linate for arrival and departure, are available upon request for an additional, supplemental fee. Airfare is not included.
- A personalized and private travel experience, whether you’re a solo voyager, a couple, group of friends, family or an organization
- A well crafted itinerary that is a reflection of your cultural interests, which we bring to life through our unparalleled insider knowledge, local access and dedicated team
- A thoughtful travel pace that leads you down roads less traveled while leaving time to enjoy the quiet moments that make for remarkable memories
- Enriching activities that immerse you in local culture and traditions
- Premium accommodations that are distinct reflections of the regions they reside in, with real histories and real people behind them
- Regional ambassadors and local cultural experts that go beyond educating, to invite you into their community and introduce you to their unique corner of the world.
- Authentic dining that ensures you enjoy the finest in regional culinary traditions from quaint family owned eateries to innovative Michelin-starred restaurants. Each meal is in itself a work of art, passionately prepared and uniquely local.
The Lake Districts of Northern Italy
Sample 7-Day Private Tour Itinerary
Lake Maggiore, Lake Orta, Lake Como, Bergamo, Lake Iseo, Bardolino Wine Country, Lake Garda, Sirmione
Arrive in Milan and be greeted by your private car with chauffeur that will transport you to Lake Maggiore nestled at the southern side of the Alps. Check-in to your four-star Belle Epoque villa situated directly lakeside in the charming town of Verbania. In the afternoon meet your local expert and depart by boat to visit the famed Borromean Islands for an insider’s tour of the villas and palaces of Isola Bella and Isola Madre. End your day with an elegant dinner of local seafood at the charming fisherman’s island: Isola dei Pescatori.
In the late morning be met by your local expert and depart for nearby Lake Orta to visit the historic center of Orta San Giulio. Afterward take a private boat ride to the Island of San Giulio to savor a lunch of fresh fish. in the afternoon enjoy the island’s lush landscapes and the 14th century frescoes of its Romanesque basilica. Return to Lake Maggiore in the early evening and take in your hotel’s lush grounds, indoor pool or deluxe spa.
After breakfast enjoy a late morning departure for the stunning landscapes of Lake Como. Take a scenic drive to Como where you will meet your local expert and take a stunning funicular ride to the mountain village of Brunate. Enjoy a lunch of hearty mountain dishes then return to stroll Como’s quaint piazzas and lakeside promenade. In the afternoon, make your way to your 5-star luxury waterfront hotel in Tremezzo.
Be met by your local expert and depart by private boat for the illustrious 18th century Villa Del Balbianello to enjoy a private tour of its gardens and stunning architecture. Later set-off for the lake’s famous Isola Comacina, where you’ll explore its rich natural environments and learn about its historic island culture before savoring a five course Lombardian dinner at a historic restaurant.
Depart Lake Como for the classical sophistication of Bergamo, located at the foothills of the Alps. Meet your resident guide and set-off on a fascinating cultural walking tour of “la Citta’ Alta”, Bergamo’s hilltop medieval neighborhood. Next, make your way to Lake Iseo where you’ll indulge on a lunch of regional specialties lakeside before setting-off for a private tasting of Franciacorta’s famed grappa at Borgo San Vitale. In the afternoon arrive at your five-star luxury wine retreat nestled in Bardolino wine country in the hills of Lake Garda.
Spend the morning enjoying exclusive tastings of Bardolino and Valpolicella at renowned producers in the surrounding wine country and marvel at the breathtaking landscapes of Lake Garda. Stop along the way for an al fresco Michelin-starred lunch with panoramic views then in the afternoon journey to the charming town of Sirmione, nestled on a unique peninsula on Lake Garda, to experience its storybook castle and lakeside promenades.
Depart Lake Garda’s wine country for your return flight home or the next leg of your trip.-As part of our Enriched Booking process your customized itinerary will be designed with the assistance of a CountryBred specialist. -This trip can be specifically tailored for organizations, associations and corporate incentives.
The recommended tour length for this sample itinerary is 7 days/6 nights with pricing options beginning at $5,350/person. Please note that the “Share Bred With Friends” preferred pricing program will be applied to travel parties of four or more.
The final price of your custom tour will be determined by your travel party size, departure dates, trip length, amount of meals included, percentage of guided time requested, cities chosen in your itinerary and signature CountryBred excursions selected. This sample itinerary can also be crafted for solo travelers.
Included in this sample CountryBred Encounter are:
Featured Deluxe Hotels
As its name implies, Grand Hotel Majestic is an exquisite and palatial Belle Epoque villa that crowns the shores of Lake Maggiore with splendor. Located in the charming town of Pallanza, Verbania, the hotel is magnificent in its scale and elegance. Built in 1870 as a beacon of Belle Epoque style and architecture complete with large English style gardens, a regal façade and spacious guest rooms that were all elements indicative of the period, the hotel continues its illustrious reputation as one of the premier four-star accommodations on Lake Maggiore.
When guests arrive they are immediately welcomed by stunning views of the lake and its tranquil waters, along with the spellbinding beauty of the Borromei islands and the surrounding mountain ranges shrouded in mystical haze.
An expression of lakeside elegance in a historic Art Nouveau Palace, Grand Hotel Tremezzo sits magnificently upon Tremezzo’s most privileged water front, offering guests sweeping views of Lake Como, the Grigne mountains and the town of Bellagio. A Belle Époque masterpiece dating back to the early 1900′s, Grand Hotel Tremezzo was born when founders Enea Gandola and his wife Maria Orsolini, in a quest to design the ultimate stay for Grand Tour travelers, decided to construct a grandiose five-star property bordering the gardens of famed Villa Carlotta. In the 1930′s the Sampietro family purchased the property and cultivated a decidedly cosmopolitan ambiance, making it the preferred stay of movie stars and celebrities in their travels to Lake Como. The hotel’s current owners have furthered the transformation of this important, historic property by making it the premier destination for fine gastronomy on Lake Como.
A sophisticated five-star luxury retreat set amongst the fertile Cavaion Veronese hills of Lake Garda, Villa Cordevigo Wine Relais is an enchanting Veneto wine country stay for the most discerning of travelers. A former residence for Veronese nobility, today Villa Cordevigo has been reborn as a sumptuous accommodation owned by the illustrious wine producing families of Delibori and Cristoforetti. With a passion for sharing the splendor of their region’s distinct flavors and renowned wine making traditions, the families have created a haven of serenity amidst a bucolic setting, where fine regional food and wine are celebrated and traditional refinement is preserved.
Encounter Something Unexpected
Experiential travel takes time, passion and local ingredients to make something truly special. When you travel with CountryBred, you can look forward to the following:
Authentic is Premium