Explore the grandeur and cultural significance of the mighty Venetian republic as you journey through Veneto’s signature cities, vineyards and lake district.
- 6 Nights at CountryBred approved, four and five-star boutique accommodations
- Deluxe and/or Superior room stays
- Private luxury chauffeur for all intercity travel, day trips and excursions
- Airport / Train station transfers with baggage assistance
- Exclusive gondola and boating excursions and all associated fares
- Private touring with professionally licensed local guides and cultural experts
- Flexible guided time with local experts based upon your preference
- Special wine tastings, cooking class and culinary experiences
- 2 Gourmand dinners
- 4 Regionally authentic lunches
- Daily breakfasts
- Museum tickets & entrance fees
- All gratuities & taxes
- Traveler welcome package including customized Culture Guide
- Please note that transfers to airports outside of Milan Malpensa/Linate for arrival and Venice Marco Polo for departure, are available upon request for an additional, supplemental fee. Airfare is not included.
- A personalized and private travel experience, whether you’re a solo voyager, a couple, group of friends, family or an organization
- A well crafted itinerary that is a reflection of your cultural interests, which we bring to life through our unparalleled insider knowledge, local access and dedicated team
- A thoughtful travel pace that leads you down roads less traveled while leaving time to enjoy the quiet moments that make for remarkable memories
- Enriching activities that immerse you in local culture and traditions
- Premium accommodations that are distinct reflections of the regions they reside in, with real histories and real people behind them
- Regional ambassadors and local cultural experts that go beyond educating, to invite you into their community and introduce you to their unique corner of the world.
- Authentic dining that ensures you enjoy the finest in regional culinary traditions from quaint family owned eateries to innovative Michelin-starred restaurants. Each meal is in itself a work of art, passionately prepared and uniquely local.
Veneto: Valpolicella to Venice
7-Day Private Tour Sample Itinerary
Lake Garda, Verona, Euganean Hills, Vicenza, Padua & Venice
Arrive in Milan and be greeted by your private car with chauffeur that will transport you to your five-star wine retreat nestled in the heart of Bardolino wine country in the hills of Lake Garda. After settling-in enjoy an exclusive wine tasting and vineyard visit at the estate of a renowned producer of Bardolino Superiore DOCG wine. End your day with an elegant lakeside dinner indulging in traditional regional dishes.
In the morning meet your local expert and depart via boat for one of Lake Garda’s most stunning and storied islands. Enjoy a private tour of its noble villa and terraced gardens while learning about its role in Roman history. Afterward return to your wine country hotel for a unique cooking class of traditional Northern Italian dishes then dine on your creations in the charm of a private taverna.
Leave the picturesque vineyards surrounding Lake Garda for the wine country of Valpolicella where you will spend the day enjoying special vintner’s tastings of Amarone. Stop for a late Michelin starred lunch of traditional and modern Italian dishes in a countryside restaurant. After lunch set-off for the UNESCO heritage site of Verona and check-in to your four-star boutique hotel minutes from the city’s famed Arena. Enjoy a free evening to discover the city’s many boutiques and cafes at your leisure.
Meet your local expert for a fascinating look at underground Verona with its archaeological ruins dating back to Roman and medieval times. Afterward savor lunch at a traditional Veronese eatery then spend the rest of the afternoon exploring the Giusti Gardens and the city’s illustrious bridges and piazzas.
Depart Verona for a look at the UNESCO world heritage declared villas of Andrea Palladio in Vicenza. Meet your local art historian and learn about his architectural ingenuity and the importance of his work on the region’s social and political history. Stop for a lunch in a typical countryside organic farm then depart for Padua to explore the city’s artistic pedigree through such treasures as Giotto’s Last Judgment in the Scrovegni Chapel and Donatello’s Gattamelata statue. In the early evening make your way to Venice and arrive by private boat to your four-star canal front hotel to settle in and enjoy a free evening.
Delve into the unique culture and history of the Venetian way of life as you set off for a day exploring the city’s hidden canals and passageways by gondola and on foot. Experience the Rialto Market, the daily meeting place for locals seeking the freshest produce in the city, and indulge on a lunch of typical cicchetti at one of the city’s oldest taverns. Spend the rest of your day enjoying Venice at your leisure. In the evening delight in an elegant farewell dinner at a historic canal front restaurant.
Depart Venice for your return flight home or the next leg of your trip-As part of our Enriched Booking process your customized itinerary will be designed with the assistance of a CountryBred specialist. -This trip can be specifically tailored for organizations, associations and corporate incentives.
The recommended tour length for this sample itinerary is 7 days/6 nights with pricing options beginning at $5,075/person. Please note that the “Share Bred With Friends” preferred pricing program will be applied to travel parties of four or more.
The final price of your custom tour will be determined by your travel party size, departure dates, trip length, amount of meals included, percentage of guided time requested, cities chosen in your itinerary and signature CountryBred excursions selected. This sample itinerary can also be crafted for solo travelers.
Included in this sample CountryBred Encounter are:
Featured Deluxe Hotels
A sophisticated five-star luxury retreat set amongst the fertile Cavaion Veronese hills of Lake Garda, Villa Cordevigo Wine Relais is an enchanting Veneto wine country stay for the most discerning of travelers. A former residence for Veronese nobility, today Villa Cordevigo has been reborn as a sumptuous accommodation owned by the illustrious wine producing families of Delibori and Cristoforetti. With a passion for sharing the splendor of their region’s distinct flavors and renowned wine making traditions, the families have created a haven of serenity amidst a bucolic setting, where fine regional food and wine are celebrated and traditional refinement is preserved.
Situated in perhaps the most romantic spot in the world, Il Sogno di Giulietta is a five-star luxury hotel located just opposite of what is believed to be Juliet’s famous balcony, so epically immortalized by Shakespeare. Sharing the same courtyard as Juliet’s noble residence, Sogno di Giulietta is more than just a luxury accommodation, it is a historic house carefully restored to capture the romantic allure of medieval Verona, while offering guests a sophisticated Relais in the very heart of the city. With unparalleled access to Juliet’s courtyard, one of Verona’s most beloved sights, Sogno di Giulietta’s unique position also places guests within the historic core of the city and in close proximity to such important cultural and historical sights as the Arena di Verona, Piazza delle Erbe and Piazza dei Signori. A superb location from which to discover Verona’s many artistic treasures, in the evenings the gates of the hotel’s courtyard are closed to the public, ensuring optimal privacy for guests and thus creating a tranquil refuge tucked away from the bustling heart of the city.
Charmingly situated in the Sestiere di Castello (Castello District), Aqua Palace Hotel welcomes guests into one of Venice’s most legendary quarters with distinguished hospitality and grace. A four-star, luxury design hotel housed within the historic Scalfarotto Palace, Aqua Palace provides the amenities of a refined, modern accommodation while masterfully preserving the spirit of a classic Venetian palazzo with its rich interiors, exquisite spaces and romantic location.
The fine result of meticulous dedication by the Caputo family, hoteliers for two generations, Aqua Palace is a beacon of the family’s commitment to exceptional service and attention to detail, which has transformed the property into the sophisticated, luxury accommodation that it is today. Guests are welcomed into an atmosphere of charm where 16th century Venetian character is accented by contemporary nuances.
Encounter Something Unexpected
Experiential travel takes time, passion and local ingredients to make something truly special. When you travel with CountryBred, you can look forward to the following:
Authentic is Premium